Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Recurring Dream

There's this recurring dream that I've been having lately, and it's really starting to haunt me. In my dream I'm living in a huge apartment complex, with dozens, if not hundreds, of other apartments. I wake up in the middle of the night with the smell of smoke burning in my nose, and my eyes watering from the smoke and heat of the fire. I stumble out of my bedroom, fall to my hands and knees, and fight thru the confusion to find my way out of my apartment. Once I'm in the hallway, I begin to pound on people's apartment doors yelling, "FIRE". As I am frantically pounding on doors and screaming, people begin opening their doors to see what the fuss and confusion is all about. I hear someone behind me yell, "SHUT UP, can't you see that we're trying to get some sleep over here?" Someone else shouts, "If you can't keep it down in there, I'm calling the Police!" Then I wake up in a cold sweat in my own bed. It feels so real that I can't tell if it is a dream or not. It is a dream, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment